Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Phone solicitors

As much as I hate phone solicitation I have to give them a little bit of credit...I mean the live phone solicitors. I probably get close to 50 calls a day that are some form of phone solicitation. The majority of them being recordings. You know the ones that go "Hi this is Julie from some company. Don't worry this isn't a sales call" when it actually is. I generally just hang up on those. Or the ones that are recorded but make it seem interactive and you can't quite tell what is wrong with gentleman you're speaking to until it clicks and you ask if this is a recording about two times and he never acknowleges that you're speaking. (Which those don't work for me because I'm just trying to figure out where to send them anyway so I'm not listening to their shpeel).

Then there are the regular solicitors that when you answer it takes them a second or two for them to greet you. YOu know they're real persistant and annoying but at least they're live and they have a job (unlike a lot of people in the U.S. right now) so I can't really fault them.

Then there's my favorite one floating around right now. You answer the phone and a recorded voice comes on and says "please hold for the next available rep." ...seriously?! That's not a joke. They call me (and this happens more often than live people but a little less than recordings...not by much) and then expect me to wait for them so they can try to sell me stuff. What are they thinking? Do they really think I want someone to interrupt my day (whether I'm at work or at home) to tell me to hold so that some one can annoy me by trying to sell me something I clearly don't need otherwise I'd already own it!

Although it is easier to hang up on those people because you don't feel even a little bit rude. It's rediculous. Granted I believe it doesn't take that long for them to get to you but I've only waited one time to make sure that it wasn't someone that was trying to work with us...you know a buyer...but it was just solicitation.

These annoy me the most because it's just laziness. If you want to be more productive don't have people wait for you....here's a buisness tip for you...customers hate waiting...any idiot who has been on hold or had to wait in line knows this...so why do these companies think they will work...why?!

Sorry for the reant I just think this one is WAAAAAYYYY too rediculous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment