Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I have an appointment

Yesterday I had a lady walk in at about 2:50pm. This is how the interaction went down.

Her: Hello my name is Angie and I have an appointment.

Me: Ok. Who was your appointment with?

H: I don't know what his name was but I told him I would be in between 1 and 3.

Me: and you don't know his name at all. First name or last name?

H: No. It was a meeting for a conference.

M: ok...

(I call the person who handles conferences. But he doesn't pick up. Then it hits me that this lady might be this stupid if she didn't know his name so I ask)

M: Were you helping with one of our conferences or were you purchasing for your own conference.

H: It's for our conference. (And then she proceeds to tell me way too much information than I need or care to know about her conference.)

M: alright (picking up the phone to call one of our 12 male sales people...no answer. So I call another one...narrowing down my search to 11. Then I call another one narrowing down my search to 10.)

At this point my boss happens to wander down and talks with this lady. We start to look at Company names and contacts that she is giving us. At which point one of the salesmen that I called that was on the phone has called me back.

M: Hi. Were you expecting someone named Angie to be sometime between 1 and 3 today.

Him: yes

M: Ok she's here

Him: I'll be right down.

M:Ok (To her) his name is Jake and he will be right down.

Her: Jake ok thank you so much!


Ummmm.....how do you set up an appointment with someone and not know their name? Seriously....

No comments:

Post a Comment