Monday, September 21, 2009

Tragic tragic events for receptionists!

My friend is a receptionist as well and sent me this little story that I thought was quite good and I had to share it. [Note: I have altered names and e-mails so they weren't all over the web]

Begin her story now:

This is the woman I was just talking with.

I said "Send me a detailed email explaining what you're looking for and why you need to speak with James or another expert. The more we understand about your request the better we can help you."

Woman- "Ok, sure I'll write it all out. I'm confused because I didn't find anything when I looked for Teflon on your site"

me- "Did you use the 'find something' feature? I just did and found 752 results under the term 'Teflon"

W- "How do you spell that? T-e-f...?"

M- "T-E-F-L-O-N"

W- "Still not working for me. What's your name and email?"

M- " I'm Maryanne, email is my first name, M-A-R-Y-A-N-N-E @a random e-mail company.com, Maryanne is one word"

W- "Oh, one word, ok got it. Thanks Maryanne. Still not finding anything. How do you spell Teflon again?"

M- "T-E-F-L-O-N"

W- I'll just email you.

This is what I get, 2 seconds after we hang up:

Begin forwarded message:
From: "Amanda"
Date: September 17, 2009 12:19:26 PM EDT
To: "Maryanne"
Subject: Teflon!!

Mary Anne,

Looking for Teflon reports or articles for Mr. Williams.

-Amanda





Lovely. I think I most enjoy the fact that my friend "Maryanne" told the lady it was one word and then made it two words in the e-mail. There are so many tragic things happening in this conversation that it makes me happy not to have to work for anything that has to do with Teflon!

No comments:

Post a Comment